I’ve been meaning to start a recipe section on this blog but haven’t really thought on how I would go about it. So right now I figured to just do it anyhow.
My first recipe I’d like to share with you comes in at my favorite part of the meal—desserts. Chocolate Mousse by First Gourmet Academy.
This is a simple chocolate mousse recipe that can be transformed by adding your favorite liquor.
Mise en Place Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 3 hours
|150 Grams||Bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped|
|300 Grams||Heavy cream|
|50 Grams (3 tablespoons)||Liqueur as Amaretto, Baileys, or Rum|
|30 Grams (2 tablespoons)||Sugar|
- Bring cream and sugar to boil
- Pour boiling cream over chopped chocolate, stir with a rubber spatula until the chocolate is melted
- Add liqueur
- Whip the mixture with a machine or by hand
- The chocolate mixture will be ready after ten to fifteen minutes. It will become fluffy and will expand in size
- Pipe the mixture in serving glasses
- Chill until ready to serve. Garnish with some whipped cream and fruit if desired
I hope you will find this Chocolate Mousse recipe useful as much as I do. Enjoy!